2011年3月12日土曜日

The Limits of Safeguards and Human Foresight

It was the worst and longest day in Japanese history a night after the dreadful earthquake.
I give my condolence to those who had damages and lost life.
It will take a long time to recover all.

The New York Times tells that below;

HERE’S the truly scary thing about the 8.9-magnitude earthquake off the coast of Honshu Island and its resulting tsunami: Japan is a country that is lauded for doing preparedness right.
Japan is a rich, high-tech nation with much rough experience of seismic rumblings: those factors have led it to plan, and plan well, for disaster, with billions spent over the years on developing and deploying technologies to limit the damage from temblors and tsunamis.


-- iPadから送信

2 件のコメント:

  1. Felling better when I heard that the rescue team of China reached Japan today.....cos I feel so helpless that I can't do anything, now at least my nation can do something for the Japanese people. God bless Japan !

    返信削除

Please send a comment