2012年8月6日月曜日

The twin Mothra

A month ago I saw a swallowtail butterfly in my garden.
She seemed to seek for the place to lay eggs.
Almost of every year I plant parsley which they love to breed their babies.
About two decades ago I happened to find grotesque worms with psychedelic color, green, yellow, orange and black.
It made me so sick that I removed them from the parsley and made food for birds.
It was not until when I went to searched in the encyclopedia later that I knew those worms were the baby of yellowtail butterflies.
I apologized the mother of the yellowtail butterfly when I saw her coming back in my garden.
I've never bothered their life since then and giving them food every year instead.
I'll never know they will grow up and come back when they get mother.
But I like to see Mothra every year.




2 件のコメント:

  1. Do you know that they have the yellow antenna? If we touch them, they show the antenna. It has bad smell. Be careful about it when you touch them.

    返信削除
    返信
    1. Yup, I never touch them but observe their departure.
      Every year, they disappeared after they ate up all the leaves.

      削除

Please send a comment