2013年7月12日金曜日

Indigo dyeing

I've got indigo leaves from Ms.F in my class. She instructed us how to dye clothes by indigo leaves in her garden.
She has enjoyed to have made lots of indigo dyeing, scarf, shirts and handkerchieves.
She was kind enough to give us all branch of leaves and plastic bags.
I asked K to help my dyeing as I had no white handkerchief.
She performed to dye, putting leaves and hitting by hammer.
It was not so strong dyeing because the leaves had weak power to dye.
Anyway we will be looking forward to showing the art work next term.




2 件のコメント:

  1. It seems easy to work of dyed with indigo leaves at first glance to me.
    Basically, it is a simple work of hitting with a hammer leaf through the pressing cloth to soak a cloth with dye.
    But, I think it is required skill to select leaves and to hit it.
    I am also looking forward to see the work of you.

    返信削除
    返信
    1. It was the first experience to dye clothes while I had heard of dyeing by tea or coffee.
      I found it very beautiful color of the indigo blue.

      削除

Please send a comment