2016年1月12日火曜日

There are 30,000 days

It's an encouraging speech by Drew Houston a CEO and a Founder of Dropbox.

Quote from the speech
I read something online that said "There are 30,000 days in your life." At first I didn't think much of it, but on a whim I tabbed over to the calculator. I type in 24 times 365 and — oh my God, I'm almost 9,000 days down. What the hell have I been doing?
( syncope )
So from then on, I stopped trying to make my life perfect, and instead tried to make it interesting. I wanted my story to be an adventure — and that's made all the difference. ( at MIT speech in 2013)
There are 30,000 days
I'm not sure how many days left in my life. But average of active life would be countable. It would be less than 10,000 days.
I'd like to make every day life new.




11 件のコメント:

  1. I think so, too. The average life span of a man is about 71 years old. The average life span of a woman is about 74 years old.
    Our good health life is a short. So we need to enjoy our life. Travel, hobby, useful of people and so on.
    When I’m studying English, I feel happy once in a while.

    返信削除
    返信
    1. Wait! I think the average of life might be over 80 both men and women....right?

      削除
  2. Oh, I'm sorry. I don't say the average of life. I said about good health life.

    返信削除
    返信
    1. Oh..I see what you wanted to say.
      I think it depends on people who have their own active age.

      削除
  3. If assuming "there are 30,000 days in your life.", I have already spent of this about 90%.
    When looking back on my life that spent so far, I have never had very satisfying life, but as a result, I am very satisfied with a current state that there are peaceful and the third generation living together.
    I would like to spend a few remaining valuable life without regrets from now on, too.

    返信削除
    返信
    1. I'm not convinced that your life spent 90% of the average length of life. I'm sure your spirit and potential ability would be much higher and stay longer than average life.

      削除
  4. You are right. According to a report, the average of good health life will be 71 years old(a man) and 74(a woman).
    Average of life will be about 79 years old(a man) and 87(a woman).

    返信削除
    返信
    1. I hope the length of life and the active life are the same in my life!

      削除
  5. Jen will be able to do it.

    返信削除
  6. I just talked about the longevity with mother today.
    Mother told me, I will live longer similar to my mother.
    I calculated the life of mother to see comment of Jen.
    my mother lives more than 33, 580 days.
    But I have 75 years old in one of the goals of life.
    Because the average healthy life expectancy of the woman is 75 years old so that you say.
    I will consider about later life when I reach 75 years old.

    返信削除
    返信
    1. No one can tell how long you'll live or how many days you can live long....but as long as you have a will to live well until you are end. It's very important vision of life.

      削除

Please send a comment