2010年10月11日月曜日

Everlasting life

Little Charo 2 Episode 28 ' Everlasting life '

Numtaka said to Charo,

" To live is to have limited time to shape the future, to have limited time to follow your dream.
   Do you understand me?"

Charo didn't understand what Numtaka said but he began to cry without reason.

Numtaka went on talking to Charo knowing he couldn't understand but he would later.

" Life is beautiful because it ends."
" Nothing lives that does not die."

I'm very impressed by Numtaka's words.
It reminds me of the movie" Green Mile" originally from Stephen King's.
Numtaka and the main character of the movie were both given everlasting life as well.
They seem unhappy and suffered from the long life which never ends and had to see off many people around them. As time goes by, ordinary people live and die but they never end their lives.

Everlasting life does not always make us happy and beautiful.
In other word, we might live to make the happy end of life.

Then, what is the happy end of life?
The answer is in you.
I'm still asking myself .....What about you?

3 件のコメント:

  1. I think what does matter is the quality of our life other than the length....I don't want to live forever and seeing my family and friends leaving me....that will be very very sad things to happen. Getting old with dignity and wrinkles on our skin is just like trees with year-rings....so natural !

    返信削除
  2. It's true that we are happier to be natural and welcoming the end of life than getting forever long life.

    Hope you can read radio streaming of Little Charo from the online.

    http://www.nhk.or.jp/charo/streaming/index.html

    返信削除
  3. PS

    http://www.nhk.or.jp/charo/streaming/index.html

    choose the date 10月11日, 11th in October ! 

    返信削除

Please send a comment