2011年5月15日日曜日

A bee hive

It was lovely Sunday morning and I gave water in my garden.
Small flowers were shining and the young leaves were brilliant green.
I was also happy in the bright color and enjoyed the sun.
Then another visitor came around flying near the compressor of AC.
It reminded me of the beehive last year.

A beehive last year

I checked the back of the compressor and found a small beehive! The bee I found flying was staying and taking care of her nest.
OMG! What I needed to do at once was to ged rid of the nest before it goes big and babies are going to be born.
I sprayed insecticide and removed the small hive.
I think they would like to have their residense at the same place,so I will have to take a look on it carefully.
I feel a bit guilty for ridding of their house but I don't want them to live in my garden.
What will you do?



A small beehive

2 件のコメント:

  1. What about to wrap the back of the aircon with a wirenet or simply a net? will it works....so they can not get straight in and the air can move around as usual....?

    返信削除
  2. I've changed the old AC to a new one last year because the old one almost 10 years old was broken and didn't work any more when I found a beehive behind it. Before winter,trees around the AC were cut down and there is no good circumstance for bees to have nest. Now clear to find even if it might happen a nest in the back of the compressor. That's why I could remove a small beehive in the early time.

    返信削除

Please send a comment