2013年8月5日月曜日

The mayor's essay

It's been printed an essay by the mayor Mori in Toyama city in the paper of the city information published twice a month.

He's been writing casual interesting essays 94 series until the latest version.

It's written about the topic of "futon drying".
In Japan it's a kind of habits to let futon soak in the sunshine and dry and clean.
When we are at home during sunny day we tend to dry futon. It makes us comfortable sleep at night.

He referred to his futon that he couldn't dry it because he didn't stay home so long in case of sudden rain.
Futon drying is necessary to be cared by someone at home. You need to take it as soon as starting rain.
When he went on a trip to Tokyo area he used to find futon drying at the balcony in the apartments. He wondered if there were more house wives at home in Tokyo than in Toyama because he seldom saw futon drying in his neighborhood recently.
Toyama is one of the high rank of working house wives in Japan.
He thought it why futon drying hasn't seen in Toyama.

I'm very enlighten with his smart and frank essay seems like chatting in the saloon.




4 件のコメント:

  1. I am also a regular reader of Mori mayor's hot essay of Toyama city publicity paper because I have been often sympathy to his essay.
    However, I can not agree to this essay.
    I think it was caused by Toyama prefectural people's character that drying the futon on the veranda is ashamed act.

    返信削除
    返信
    1. Really?
      I don't think it ashamed to dry futon but very sorry to miss the chance to do it.
      This morning I hung clothes outside and went out for a walk with my dog. But on the way it started to rain and I had to rush and back home immediately to take laundries inside the house.
      I can't dry futon unless I stayed home during the day.

      削除
    2. My opposite opinion is for against the leap to associate the employment rate of women with difficulty story to dry the futon. (As he was also admitted )
      In my home too, futon is dried on the veranda or sunroom as inconspicuous as possible in a clear day.

      削除
    3. Anyway we are inferior for the sunshine to the Pacific Ocean Area ... Our area the North West Pacific Ocesn side is much more rain than there.
      We had sudden guerrilla rain in all Japan !

      削除

Please send a comment