2013年12月25日水曜日

Wishing of New Year's food

Japanese soul food on New Year's Day is said to be full of wish for the new year.
I've learned it "Gochisosan" on the TV program.
For example, black beans are for being active and vivid. Burdocks are for living steady in the deep earth, seaweed kombu would make happy and joyful, sea bream is for celebrating and kinton made from chess nuts and sweet potato symbolizes to make money...something like that.
It has a lot of meaning in the tradition.
Japanese traditional food is really worth to be praised...I'm every proud of it.




3 件のコメント:

  1. Japanese traditional new year dishes(Osechi) adorn the dining table for breakfast on New Year's Day in my home.
    These are "Red and white Kamaboko", "Datemaki", "Kurikinton",
    "Kuromame", "Kobumaki", "Tadukuri", "Kazunoko" and "Zoni".
    Especially "Kuromame" that my wife make is best article under heaven and the pride of my home.

    返信削除
    返信
    1. Gosh! You are one of the happiest husbands in the world!

      削除
  2. Every year I make Japanese traditional new year dishes(Osechi) and display it beautifully in"Ojyu".
    I'm good at cooking "Kuromame" and "Tadukuri".
    When I cook "Kuromame", I add a little "Jyusou" and a few iron nails into black soybeans.
    "Jyusou" makes it soft and iron nail makes it black.
    I simmer it and it takes about six hours to cook.

    返信削除

Please send a comment