2014年12月28日日曜日

Lost in translation

10 days have passed since I visited my daughter to see my first grandson. It's the sixth visit here in Perth not on purpose of the regular trips like visiting sightseeing one but going around the usual daily life in here.
I feel most people here speak so quickly that I can't hear them very well. So I sometimes lost in translation.
When I offer some help for my son-in-law to wash dishes or hug the baby while mammy is busy, though my son-in-law likes to do anything to do housekeeping, he reply "If you want ?"
Actually I just wanted to help not wanted to do but he doesn't take it for my kindness but for my option!
It's the difference of culture, too.
I realize that we Japanese tend to care about too much to behave for others...is it only my opinion?
My daughter has been oversea and adjusted different culture so she doesn't care too much about others.
I'd better say "Not really but just want to help you" if I were asked "If you want?".












Hillarys beach

4 件のコメント:

  1. " Let the help for daughter! " and you went at Australia. But, now, do you have a little puzzled?
    If so, Maybe, son-in-law have a attentive to you, but your daughter is contact in usually to you.
    Because mother and daughter, she is at ease.
    Foreigners seems to think " Japanese is kindly and to take care of others "
    I want to cherish this culture.
    By the way,
    Toyama was a good weather today, too.
    But, I was tired for cleaning of children's room!

    返信削除
    返信
    1. It's good that fine weather comes back to Toyama and refreshed the air and land by the snow.

      削除
  2. I think thoughtfulness caring people of Japanese is very valuable and it should be proud to the world.
    But, you will be good that as the saying goes "do in Rome as the Romans do."(do in Australia as the Australians)
    By the way, even do you can not be to hear or understand conversation of local people?
    In addition, Hillarys beach is very beatiful, isn't it?

    Although it was very cold in the morning here, during the day was very sunny weather. So, the views of the Tsurugidake and Tateyama mountain range was more beautiful.

    返信削除
    返信
    1. Yeah...where you are where your paradise.
      I think in here there is a great value and in Japan there should be indispensable life for me.

      削除

Please send a comment