2015年9月23日水曜日

Autumn taste 4

I made up "umeshu" and started to drink from this week.
But I don't want to waste the ume fruits left in the bottle.
Actually I threw them all of the leftovers (liquored ume) last year.
This time I tried to reuse them for my taste.
First I picked five pieces of ume and cleared alcohol in the microwave. I removed seeds from the fruits and cut into small pieces. Then I made miso and sesame powder mixed up into paste, and then get together with ume and into"ume miso ae"
I wonder how it could use for? I tried to eat on the cucumber. It's so much and tasty!
Next one is "ume jam".
I just boil some ume in a pan until boiled up and then put sugar into and kept boiling for more than 30 minutes. While boiling the ume I added some dried fruits such as plum and berries. It made it from dark green to red. So that makes mixed jam including ume, plum and berries.
It's more natural and sour than the commercial items.
I'm very satisfied with my taste from the leftovers.




4 件のコメント:

  1. That sound nice!
    Because I don't cook the umeshu, I can't make ume jam and ume miso.
    But I envy you because I think that there is very versatile. I respect your challenge feeling.

    By the way,
    Because children returned, I was busy for washing and cleaning from morning.
    The son came alone to attend at the OB meeting. So we couldn't meet a granddaughter.

    返信削除
    返信
    1. Thank you for the compliment. I like to live like eco friendly in the rest of my life.

      削除
  2. In my home, my wife get the fruit of the plum from her's parents' home and make plum wine and plum juice every year.
    Because it becomes more delicious, we taste plum wine and plum juice after maturing for two years in my home.
    And we chop the left fruit of plum and put it in yogurt.

    By the way, Silver Week was finished today, wasn't it?
    There were the baseball games of grandchildren today also in my home, so all of this 5-day were Baseball Week.
    By virtue of the grandchildren, we were able to enjoy this Silver Week very much without spending money too much.

    返信削除
    返信
    1. I think nothing is more precious than your silver week....just thanks to your ultimate love to your family. I'm very touched with your deep love.

      削除

Please send a comment