2014年2月18日火曜日

Scientific girl

There is a new word "rikejo" for a young girl who is good at science.
Dr. Obokata has made a great work of "STAP". She is one of the typical rikejo who is being looked forward to the human science field.
It's very splendid that women scientists are getting active now on.
So to speak about the morning drama "Gochisosan" yesterday was very impressive.
Fuku is a daughter of Meiko. She is a kind of rikejo devoting to chemical theory. She said to Morooka " I want to have a copy of you, a baby of you..."
What was a wonderful word by a rikejo.
I couldn't help laughing at the word.
While it is the very unusual situation in the war period that people were insecure and in desperate for the future but it's a fiction because women are not allowed to be independent at that time.
I feel new wave from the historical drama.





4 件のコメント:

  1. I did not know the words of "Rikejo" until Dr.Obokata is the topic with the announcement of an innovative work of "STAP".
    If check on the net, the "Rikejo" is to be the following.
    "The Rikejo is a slang that means female researchers and female students of science, girls teenagers aiming the course of science, female employees of the science, and Rikejo (RIKEJO) is a registered trademark of Kodansha Ltd.."

    By the way, I was watching "Gochisosan" yesterday by chance.
    I think it is impossible in that era that there are yesterday's scene of the problem.

    返信削除
    返信
    1. I'm sure it will promote more rikejo by her, Dr. Obokata.

      削除
  2. I knew the word "Rikejo"
    It means the young girl who is good at science.
    We have a bias that girl isn't good at science
    Now girls exercise her ability in varied field.
    I hope they challenge more to new fields .

    返信削除
    返信
    1. Though I was not a rikejo when I was a student, not a rekijo, either!
      I wish I could have been one of those.

      削除

Please send a comment