2014年1月2日木曜日

Social business

Do you know 'Social Business' to help poor people to unite the difference of the price.
I've heard that Uniqlo had founded the shops in Bangladesh and joined the Grameen Bank.
So the name is "Grameen Uniqlo".
It's a challenging business to open the door for the Social Business.

Grameen Uniqlo

Thirty-five years ago, I did not know that I would start a bank, and that I would lend to poor people, especially to poor rural women. Like many other teachers, I was busy teaching in the classroom, far from the realities on the ground. But Jobra village took my future into a completely different direction. I saw, first hand, how the loan sharks enslaved the villagers; I thought that if I were to lend money to the poor, then the villagers could be free from the grasp of the loan sharks. That is what I did.
---------------------------------------
A Letter Addressed to Grameen Bank Members from Nobel Laureate Professor Muhammad Yunus on the Occasion of his departure from Grameen Bank

Date: May 15, 2011




2 件のコメント:

  1. I knew "social business" or "Grameen Uniqlo".
    I think although charitable activities and unpaid volunteers have a limit to the ripple effect and continuity, but 'Social Business' be able to transcend the limitations of these.
    I think that business activities such as the "Grameen Uniqlo" is a great attempt of proud in the world.

    返信削除
    返信
    1. Social business and fair trade are needed for the global economy.

      削除

Please send a comment