2015年5月6日水曜日

Answer

Animal idiom quiz

Here are some common idioms based on animals. Each entry includes the meaning of the idiom and shows the idiom in context in an example sentence.
I'll introduce each of the idiom quiz each day during golden week.
Please try to answer it.
You can put a word from these words
( rat, pig, horse, cat, zebra, dog, cow,) You can make it properly.

No.1
I'm going to have a ( cat ) nap while you're cooking dinner.
a cat nap = a short sleep

No.2
I sleep in the basement during the ( dog ) days of August.
dog days = very hot days

No.3
My teacher had a ( cow ) when she realized nobody had done the homework.
have a cow = get extremely upset

No.4
I ( pigged ) out on pancakes so I don't have room for lunch.
pig out = eat a lot of something

No.5
I asked my brother not to tell my parents that I went out but I could smell a ( rat ) as soon as I opened the door.
smell a rat = begin to suspect trickery etc

No.6
Hold your ( horse ). I'll be done in the washroom in a minute.
hold your horses = wait and be patient

No.7
In England when you cross the road you can walk "a ( zebra ) crossing.
a street crossing marked with white stripes = a zebra crossing


4 件のコメント:

  1. GW quiz was very high in the degree of difficult for me.
    It was difficult, but I found the new words.
    By the way,
    Busy days the end, and usual day-to-day began.
    Jace cheerfully did spend evry day?
    My grandaughter left a lot of smile to us. next time, she will come and see us in Obon.

    返信削除
    返信
    1. Good for you to see your granddaughter at least twice a year!
      Your prince will grow well before your smile.

      削除
  2. In G. W quiz of seven days, although I was helped by the electronic dictionary in fact, I answered correctly six questions except No.4.
    I thank for you that I was able to learn English knowledge.

    By the way, I finished to help the riceplanting of my wife's parents home today. Although I was tired a little, it was good to be blessed with good weather for two days.
    In the evening, I went to "Manten-no-yu" with all family, and enjoyed bathing and a meal.

    返信削除
    返信
    1. That's so nice for you to complete all your obligation.
      It's your responsibility to help
      Your family.

      削除

Please send a comment