2012年1月10日火曜日

aloneness vs loneliness

'Aloneness is different from loneliness'.

It's remarked by Dr.Pillay in his book.
' In my practice I have noticed that high-achieving people always find ways to enjoy themselves --- that is, they enjoy literally enjoy being with themselves, rather than focusing on loneliness, they focus on how their success will attract people to them. Simply put, becoming an expert requires practice, and practice requires spending time alone.'

It reminds me of runners as well as all of athletes are alone, possessing high potential for their goals but not lonely.

2 件のコメント:

  1. I agree. I feel loneliness when there are many people around me, if I can't have the comunications with them. But I don't feel loneliness when I stay at home alone, if there are a lot of things to do.

    返信削除
  2. We are still learning how to live even though grown up. We always seek for better life and happiness.
    What is good life or happiness....answer is not one but I can say smile and joy are the key words for that.
    Being responsible for each life should be the first.
    It might start from aloneness

    返信削除

Please send a comment