2012年2月16日木曜日

Obesity epidemic strikes U.S. pets

CNN news reports about pets in the US.
It says about serious problem with obesity of pets.
In my case, my pet dog Marie had been obese more than 5kg while her perfect weight should be less than 4kg. The vet advised me she had to decrease her weight soon, otherwise she would be serious sick, such as diabetes or uterus problems.
She was seen pregnant and often wet with breast milk of her own because of unbalance from hormone. That was said to be one of the sign caused by obesity.
I've learned to get medical treatment with my dog every month and she's got to lose 1kg weight since then.
She is still under diet control by the vet advice and keeps healthy.
You know if you love your pets, don't give them delicious food except dog foods.
( from the article)
The majority of adult dogs and cats in U.S. homes are overweight or obese, and the problem has gotten worse over the past year, according to the Association for Pet Obesity Prevention. Fifty-three percent of adult dogs and 55% of cats were classified as overweight or obese by their veterinarians.

2 件のコメント:

  1. I think so, too. I am going to a gym for four years. And about 10 kilos weight decreased.
    However, I have begun to gain weight recently. I want to eat a human foods, too.

    返信削除
  2. They say obesity causes diabetes and any other problems. Animals are easier to get sick than people, they are telling us bad habbit.

    返信削除

Please send a comment