2012年2月18日土曜日

The definition of the word

It's got huge amount of snow here...
The news says we have 90cm much snow fall after 26 years.
It seems weaker of the cold weather and bright clouds appear in the sky now. But not sure it won't snow any more again. Knowing that tomorrow will be fine. I'm relieved.

By the way I had a funny conversation with my room mate when I was in a dormitory. She was from Kansai area where the pacific ocean area with no so much rain nor snow all the season.
While I was from Toyama where rain and snow fall much amount all the year around. We often see gray and dark sky without sunshine. So we sometimes say 'It's got clear sky after rain drop' even in cloudy sky.

One day in rainy season in the room, I talked to her 'It's clear from the rain' in Japanese ' Ame ga HARETAYO '
She replied me 'It stops raining but not clear !' It means 'ANE ga AGATTA DAKE de HARETENAI YAN ' in Japanese.
I was so embarrassed at that time....
I had never keen thought about my strange Japanese. Her saying was right but mine was our local concept not for public one. Our Hokuriku area dialect is from the original situation.
When we had much rain or snow being bothered by the depression without sunshine for a long time, we tend to feel free from stopping rain or snow fall even it would not really clearly fine.
I had learned that different definition of word in a small country.

Now it is getting clear and clear in the sky but still cloudy ....I could say Fine!


0 件のコメント:

コメントを投稿

Please send a comment