2013年1月17日木曜日

Japanese slow food

I've noticed vegetables are very expensive these days. I can't buy green leaves such as lettuce, spinach, and broccoli.
I don't buy the expensive unseasonable vegetables but radishes, onions, and carrots, some root vegetables in winter season.
They are cooked well for slow food.
I cooked ' buri daikon '.
It's very typical and traditional Japanese dish which takes more than two hours to cook. The buri fish( yellow tail special in winter) and radish are in good harmony with Japanese taste soup. The soup is made of combu ( dried sea weed), dried shiitake mash room and soy source with some flavors.
I love it very much!
Daikon radish is good for winter such as Oden, Nishime, too.
Which one is your favorite Japanese slow food?


8 件のコメント:

  1. Since my wife's home is relatively big farmer, my home can get vegetables and root vegetables well even in winter.
    Also, since wife was a stay-at-home mom so many years, she is good at cooking and have also many repertoire.
    It would be a menu with radish, onion, burdock, carrot, turnip, potato, taro, cabbage, green onion, etc., especially in winter.
    I like "meat and potatoes" that onion and carrots and potatoes soaked with taste, also "Oden" of radish that stewed for a long time and soaked taste.
    I think that these in my home is a gem in world.

    返信削除
    返信
    1. Blessing you! You have a word ' no place like home '.

      削除
  2. I could not understand the meaning of "no place like home" at your reply, but I could understand well the meaning by check on the net of personal computer.
    I came to study. Thank you for the tributes.

    返信削除
    返信
    1. Don't mention it (^-^)/
      But it's an abbreviation ' There is no place like being at home '
      You have the best place of all in the world...a sweet at HOME!!!

      削除
  3. My favorite winter food is yosenabe. I put a cod,oysters,meat and some vegetables;napa cabbage,Welsh onion,Japanese name-shungiku and mushrooms.
    We eat them with ponzu. Body become warm,and we can eat much vegetables.
    My mother`s hobby is to make vegetables. She send me once or twice/month.
    I bring them from her house once/month. Then not only I can`t buy them often,but also we can eat almost organic vegetables.
    And she makes hosiimo,hosigaki and some pickles every year.
    I always thanks her very much.

    返信削除
    返信
    1. You sound like healthy life thanks to your dear mother! Good life is based on good health, more to say on good food, isn't it?

      削除
  4. Yes,I think so.
    Thank you!

    返信削除
    返信
    1. Let's try to eat well as possible , avoid to chemicals and GMO food ...any way.

      削除

Please send a comment