2013年1月12日土曜日

Lifelong bilinguals

New study, published Tuesday in the Journal of Neuroscience, expands upon previous ideas that bilinguals tend to show superior task-switching abilities compared to monolinguals.
The pattern of brain activity observed in adult bilinguals was similar to what the researchers saw in younger adults. Their better performance appeared to require “less activation in several frontal brain regions linked with effortful processing,” the study said. In other words, the older bilinguals were using their brains more efficiently than the older monolinguals.(CNN Chart)

Lifelong bilinguals may have more brains





6 件のコメント:

  1. I do not think that want to be good head, but I do not want to become demented. So, I want to be the person to learn and speak two languages​, Japanese and English​.
    Although I may not able to master fully at the most permanently,
    I would like to study English continuously until to master.
    Please regards with your guidance in the future.

    返信削除
    返信
    1. Don't mention it but you are almost using English as a second language every day.
      You know to learn English more to study than to use it.
      You are having your regular pace learning English like trekking. You are doing well!

      削除
  2. I'm so sorry to have written wrong!
    To learn English effectively is more to use it than studying...is it OK?

    返信削除
  3. To Mr.Muir
    I've got your reply here in my comment but it was strange with long mail with other pasted sentence.
    So I couldn't make it active...sorry about that.

    返信削除
    返信
    1. I am sorry, my reply was pasted incorrect sentence that I tried in the various process of making a reply by PC、maybe.
      I wanted to reply as follows、once again.
      "Thank you for the compliment. I understand your correct reply."

      削除
    2. Thank you very much for your effort.(^-^)/

      削除

Please send a comment