2014年10月15日水曜日

Malala's speech at Nobel Peace Prize

It was very impressive speech which Malala Yousafzais had at the award of the Nobel Peace Prize.
Though she is only 17 years old having had much difficulties for fighting against the Taliban's unfair power and almost being killed by the shot caused by an assassin. Fortunately she was guarded and protected by the UK government supported by UN and now she is an very important person in the world.
I'm very impressed those word which she referred in the speech.

"Quoted from her speech"

First of all, I would like to thank my family, my dear father, my dear mother for their love, for their support. As my father always says, he did not give me something extra. But what he did (was) that he did not clip my wings. So I thank my father for not clipping my wings, for letting me fly and achieve my goals.

---------------------------------------
I had really two options. One was not to speak and wait to be killed. And the second one was to speak up and then be killed. And I chose the second one because at that time there was terrorism, women were not allowed to go outside of their houses, girls' education was totally banned, and people were killed. At that time, I needed to raise my voice because I wanted to go back to school. I was also one of those girls who could not get education. I wanted to learn. I wanted to learn and be who I can be in my future. I also had dreams like a normal child has. I wanted to become a doctor at that time. Now I want to become a politician, a good politician.
----------------------------------------

Malala's speech

Malala's movie

2 件のコメント:

  1. I went to the hospital for get the medicine that I'm always taking.
    By the way,
    I think that Mr. Kailash Satyarthi and Ms.Malala Yousafzais was awarded the Noble peace prize is so great.
    And I think also great " Japanese people with the Article 9 of the Constitution" which has been nominated(?)
    for the Nobel peace prize equally.
    The other day, Person of weapons trafficking in the US said "Japanese people waked up from peace blue
    finally, began export of weapons" in the NHK special.
    But, I must say in a loud voice, Not the war, what peace is, for the children and us.

    返信削除
    返信
    1. They say that battles are caused from the difference of the rich and poor or color of the skin or religion and so on.
      But we came to know that we are all equal on the earth.

      削除

Please send a comment