2015年10月13日火曜日

Love for Japan

The program of NHK special "My love for Japan with great Japanese novelists by Donald Keene" was very impressive for me.
I've known him very well since he had moved to Japan and decided to be a Japanese at his age 89 because of 3.11 in 2011. Many foreigners gave their life away from Japan but he barely came to Japan and lived forever in the rest of his life.
He is now 93-year-old and trying to make efforts to translate Japanese great literature into English because he really loves Japanese culture and wants to let the world know the virtue and the beauty of real Japan.
I'm really moved with his amazing passion as a Japanese! He is as it were more like a Japanese than anyone else.
What's the really beauty of Japan by Donald Keene



4 件のコメント:

  1. Unfortunately, I didn't be able to watch this program.
    We believe that the various environment is usual where I'm living now.
    However, we will realizes the wnderful of living environment that surrounds myself when we have lost it.

    By the way,
    It's cold today when it doesn't move.
    I took out the oil stove in a mother's house and bought kerosens.
    I bought kerosens last year in the end of October when I watch a account book.
    News said that the snow of Mt.Tate was delayed this year. If so, is the cold of plains eaely?

    返信削除
    返信
    1. It's really cold today and turned on the AC warm button.
      I think it's the first step of this winter.

      削除
  2. I did not watch the program of NHK special "My love for Japan with great Japanese novelists by Donald Keene", but I also know name of Donald Keene who was awarded the Japanese Order of Culture, and then was naturalized to Japan.
    When checking by "Wikipedia" of the net, I felt a deep impression on the life and his achievements that he was traced so far.

    By the way, I felt considerably cold today. In addition, my grandchildren are slightly catching cold.
    Please be careful everyone.

    返信削除
    返信
    1. Today was dark and cool in the morning but gradually bright and warm in the afternoon. There are cold, warm and mild, three seasons a day.

      削除

Please send a comment