2015年12月7日月曜日

Bird sanctuary

I walked to the park with my dog yesterday. When I saw the canal a lot of birds warbling and having on the water. But I found something strange.
I used to see some kinds of ducks familiar to me but this time very different kind. They are black and grey body but face and beak are white. I've never seen these before. And the more, as I observed them they dove into the water and caught food in the water.
I thought them cormorants first but they didn't look so large as cormorants.
I searched on the internet immediately and found out what they are!
They are coots which are immigrant from China.
I'm anxious where the regular winter birds have gone.
Are they kicked out by the new invaders?









The coot

4 件のコメント:

  1. Probably all the birds will spend it peacefully in the canal.
    I want to believe that nationality of a migratory bird is irrelevant.
    But don't increase too much more, I hope.

    It is very comfortable today.
    I clean the whole bathroom three times a year.
    It's Golden Week, Obon, and end of the year.
    Today's weather tempted me, and had cleaned the bathroom it using "mold killer".
    And today, it's a most interesting for me is the re-entry of "Akatshki".
    I'm waiting for reliable result.

    返信削除
    返信
    1. It's really s beautiful day. I want to walk earlier than usual over sleepy...

      削除
  2. I have watched this bird last year in Kansui park, too. The body is indeed black unlike ordinary duck, isn't it?
    Because I was not too interested, I did not mind it, but you are great.

    By the way, the view of the Tateyama mountain range of today was really splendid, wasn't it?
    In addition, I changed the tire of the car today.

    返信削除
    返信
    1. Oh...they were already here last year?
      I went to see them again and found regular ducks as well this time.

      削除

Please send a comment