2012年12月25日火曜日

From TED Talk "Before I die, I want to..."

TED is a nonprofit organization dedicated to "Ideas worth spreading," which it makes available through talks posted on its website. ( Editor's note)
This program is shown NHK super presentation once a week.
A TED fellow, Candy Chang is an artist, designer, and urban planner who explores making cities more comfortable and contemplative spaces.
She had a hard time from the sudden death of her step mother and spent a long time grief.
One day she wondered if other people felt the same way to overcome difficulties in each life.
She wanted to know what was important to the people around her and wanted a daily reminder to restore perspective.
So with the help from old and new friends, she transformed the side of an abandoned house in her neighborhood in New Orleans into a giant chalkboard house and stenciled it with a grid of the fill- in- the blank sentence " Before I die, I want to ______." Anyone walking by could pick up a piece of chalk, reflect on their lives, and share their personal aspirations in public space.
People's responses made her laugh and loud, tear up, and they consoled her during her tough times.This neglected space became a constructive one where we understood our neighbors in new and enlightening ways. It also showed us we are not alone in our hopes, fears and struggles as we try to lead fulfilling lives. ( edited from CNN news)
Before I die, I want to...

8 件のコメント:

  1. Today's blog is a little difficult.
    Although it is a little commonplace and abstract, if I write to this board, I will write "Before I die, I want to live at feeling a happy until death.".

    返信削除
    返信
    1. Thank you for your good reply. I always feel happy for your good comment here.... but how do you feel happy yourself? It's the point to know from you!
      In my case, if I write to the board, ' Before I die, I want to go around the world in 80 days if possible.'

      削除
    2. My wish was something vague.
      There are too many to feel happy for me
      But I am according same to you, ”Before I die、 I want to trek with my wife all of world famous trekking courses in over several years. For example, the Tour de Mont Blanc trail (Europe), John Muir Trail (United States), Trail Milford Track (New Zealand).”

      削除
    3. That's cool ! You have such great plans to do... I hope you will make them one true.

      削除
  2. I am watching the NHK program super presentation every week from this August.
    I always laugh,feel,think and have impression.
    Then I don`t know this talk. Candy Chang did is positive.
    I wonder people can understand themselvs to learn other`s pain.
    If we open our minds,we will go happy in my life.
    By the way,before I die,I want to have a time with my family.

    返信削除
    返信
    1. Thank you for your lovely comment.
      I think you are positive and affectionate.
      Your love will give good will heart to people around you.

      削除
  3. Thank you.
    I`m glad for your kindness.

    返信削除

Please send a comment