2012年12月19日水曜日

Shell octopus

I've heard about a rare shell fish but an octopus in it from a naturalist who lives in the nature and a great lover of nature.
It's season for them to die in a mass suicide at the sea shore.
They are said to be often seen at this time on the rough waves in winter.
Theses shells were the ones which she collected before.
She loves to explore the natural life and enjoy visiting the wild life.
It was first for me to know about the octopus in a shell called paper nautilus or Argonauts Argo.



6 件のコメント:

  1. It is really a beautiful .
    According to wikipedia, the female has a beautiful seashell and big body, the male body is more small and has no seashell .
    Usually、like a bird etc,the male body is big and beautiful.
    However、seashell itself is beautiful, I think octopus with seashell is look a little grotesque.

    返信削除
    返信
    1. It's really unpleasant to see the whole body on the picture ...I hate to look at it actually...sorry!!!

      削除
  2. Me too.
    This is my first time to hear octopus in shell.
    The shell is so beautiful,I think I have seen it before.

    返信削除
    返信
    1. She tells that you can find them at the coast of Iwase.

      削除
  3. I have caught a octopus which put on a shellfish in the body at Iwase 20 several years ago. I kept it with a home watertank for a while.

    返信削除
    返信
    1. Oh...you are such a pure heart boy with curiosity. I didn't notice those even I was there.

      削除

Please send a comment