2015年11月5日木曜日

Coffee as a new seasoning

I was watching "Tameshite gatten" on tv last night and very impressed with great use of coffee in different dishes. Among them I'm very interested in the way of using coffee as a bitter seasoning. Coffee has itself bitter taste but it makes food deeper and special taste such as "umami".
Actually I sometimes put coffee or chocolate into curry roux. Then it's said to be "secret ingredient".
I like to use more coffee as a secret flavor into other dishes.

A new seasoning




4 件のコメント:

  1. I also watched this TV program. At first, I had interest in that people who drink coffee every day tend to have low death rate such as heart disease and stroke.
    I want to drink a lot of coffee from now on because I drank coffee every day only around one cup.
    In addition, I was surprised that coffee are using as seasoning of dishes.
    Although I do not want to take advantage for me.

    By the way, it was a splendid sunset on the evening of yesterday. Tateyama mountain range was dyed madder red. Especially, Yakushidake covered white snow was wonderful.

    返信削除
    返信
    1. It's so nice weather and Mt. Tate looks really clear and dignified close to my eyes where I visited to shop and took lunch. It's a new area "Montbell" in Tateyama town.
      It was a nice lunch trip.

      削除
  2. I watched that program. I like tea than coffee, but it was interesting contents.
    And, I didn't know to mixed the coffee to the curry roux. I'll try next time.

    By the way,
    The Northern Alps were very beautiful today.
    Mother who was beside me was saying, " Toyama Looks good place! "

    返信削除
    返信
    1. I envy you having such a beautiful mind mother to love nature, besides my mother who is weak eyesight never says to me that the beautiful mountain view like today. Actually I took her to the mountain view fully beautiful area in my car. She didn't talk about it....it's a pity.

      削除

Please send a comment